Sarah here – my vocabulary typically consists of bland words like lovely, beautiful, hearts, sparkle…try to make it through this post :p
This is a simple last minute recipe for strawberries and cream bark for Valentine’s Day. You can hand it out in a big bucket, or wrap them individually (which is adorable).
This recipe will serve about eight people, or just yourself if we’re being honest. If you generally find white chocolate to be too sweet, feel free to cut the white chocolate mixtures with cream. If you decide to do that, I recommend you melt the chocolate over a double boiler. If you don’t, you may find yourself mixing the white chocolate/cream vigorously for a while.
- Two 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- Red food coloring
- Dried strawberries (I used Trader Joe brand)
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
1. Lay parchment paper out on a cookie sheet.
2. Cover the cookie sheet in the dried strawberries in a single layer (spaced close together).
3. Melt one bag of white chocolate chips in the microwave. I usually try a minute and a half, give it a stir, and pop it back in for 30 second increments until it’s melted.
4. Stir the white chocolate until it’s smooth, and poor it over the dried strawberries.
5. Let that harden (about 30 mins in the freezer).
6. Melt half of the second bag of chips and pour over the hardened bark. Don’t give it time to harden – move on to the next step immediately.
7. Melt the other half of white chocolate chips, and add red food coloring until it turns a darker pink color.
8. Pour it over the new layer of white chocolate, and swirl the pink in with your weapon of choice. I used a spoon, a knife, and then finally reasonably settled on a rubber spatula.
9. Let that harden all the way.
10. Break the bark up into pieces (or cut them).
11. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.